1.14.2009

Quickly

Whenever I enter Quickly, I always feel obligated to try something new, so I would always take a look at their pretty, orangey menus on the wall. Yet, after a few seconds of checking out what they offer, I always settle back on my usual drink - milk tea tapioca, which indeed is pretty delicious. However, I secretly think that continually picking that drink has more to do with my my fear in taking risks than with the actual drink itself. Nonetheless, once I take a sip of that yummy milk tea, everything about trying something new becomes nothing, and I go on drinking with no guilt.

Besides drinking, the other most pleasurable part of the Quickly-experience is watching the constant replays of Taiwanese music videos, which usually involve some extremely cute dance steps danced by some adorable, flawless girl. The last time I went, they showed ai ni by Cyndi Wang the entire time I was there. When I'm alone, these music videos tend to come off as charming and even mesmerizing. Yet, when I’m with a group of friends who mock the exaggerated cutesiness, these videos suddenly become silly and ridiculous. Either way though – whether I admire or make fun of them – these videos are still a great source of entertainment and enjoyment. I guess that’s why they play them.

No comments:

Post a Comment