1.20.2009

I no longer love you, Sushi Zen

I have decided that I am never going to this place again! But I suppose I shall start with why I had gone to this place for so long up until this point. It has mainly been because of its food. The sushi here is like no other. Fresh. Satisfying. Simply delicious. Even these descriptions, however, barely capture the essence of the sushi. No exaggeration.


This is why I have always, with no exception, ordered more than I can eat. Simply, the thought of their sushi makes me want to eat, eat, eat and eat, but when it comes to the actual eating, my stomach unfortunately has a limit.



What makes the entire eating experience even better is the sushi’s perfect mate: the tea. This tea, which I have always assumed to be green tea though I may be wrong, is light enough to not cover the taste of the sushi but strong enough to not be bland. In of itself, the tea is also quite delicious, and it carries this uniquely soft, smooth texture that exists in no other tea.



Alright, now that I have betrayed my bitterness towards this place with so many compliments, I shall explain what has happened to turn my love into semi-hatred. Today, I decided to pay a visit to this sushi place in order to refresh my memory for the storytelling-beyond-the-page assignment. Like usual, I went in. I ordered. I ate. The waiters, also like usual, were not too friendly with me. But that never really mattered because their food is so good that they’re allowed to have bad service right? When it came to the check, I paid, they gave me the change, and I left the tip. Unfortunately, I did not have enough money and was two dollars short of the 15% tipping rule. This was the first time I’ve not given the full tip. Yet, when the waiter saw, he started talking to me harshly, if not yelled at me. So I explained and apologized. He, however, was not satisfied, and he went on to clean the table while cursing me right in front of my face. And I always thought that tip is supposed to be determined by the quality of customer service...


No comments:

Post a Comment