5.01.2009

My Escape

I love Taiwanese dramas! Why? Because everything in a Taiwanese drama is so far from reality. First of all, Taiwanese dramas (or at least the ones I’ve seen) make it seem like the only concern in life is love and social issues. Everything else such as schoolwork and earning an income never seems to be a matter of distress to the characters in the dramas. That’s why I like to immerse myself in these dramas because they allow me to forget about the real problems. Also, the plots of Taiwanese dramas tend to be hilariously unrealistic. In “It Started With a Kiss,” for instance, the girl is about to graduate from high school and separate from her dream lover, but it so happens that her house collapses in an earthquake at this time. And coincidentally, her dad knows the mom of her dream lover, so she ends up living at her dream lover’s house. Yeah…I don’t believe that so many coincidences can actually exist in real life. Nonetheless, it’s quite entertaining to see such things play out on the screen. So if you’ve never seen a Taiwanese drama before, go and see one! You’ll enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment