5.18.2009

Bittersweet

There are exactly 12 more days of high school left and less than three months until I go off to college. This is definitely exciting! No more having to wake up six in the morning. No more having six periods every Monday and Friday. No more having to hike from South campus to upper. No more P.E. No more required English classes. No more having to ask mommy for permission in order to go to the movies. No more only hanging out with friends once every two weeks. No more lectures from daddy. Going to college = AMAZING! But of course, as my title indicates, going to college isn’t all just happy and sweet, it’s actually quite bitter as well. I’m sure going to miss the comfy library couches. I’m sure going to miss complaining about APs. I’m sure going to miss the BLT sandwiches from CafĂ© Luna. I’m sure going to miss skipping Olympics to take sticky-pix with Lauren. I’m sure going to miss hearing sophomores whine about civ. I’m sure going to miss having my mommy check in on me when I stay up to finish a paper. I’m sure going to miss fighting with my sister for the bathroom. I’m sure going to miss grocery shopping with my mommy every Saturday. I’m sure going to miss a lot. *Sigh* I’ve never held two such contradictory feelings towards one thing before. What am I supposed to make out of all this…besides a blog post?

No comments:

Post a Comment